Saturday, August 15, 2015

The importance of spending time in the nature.

Lately I have been watching a lot of so called 'entertainment' that hasn't made me happy at all. Most of it has made think that people in the industry are pretty crazy and that I don't want to have anything to do with them.

When I watched these awful shows and movies, I couldn't help but to think that these people have lost it. They don't seem to know what is important and what matters in life. They keep living inside their bubbles where they are vain, self-important and superficial.

Whenever I experience frustrating moments like these, I feel like I have to do something else. I need to get away from what these people represent. I need to get in touch with myself so that I won't lose what's precious about me.

Very likely the best way to get back in touch with myself is to go out and enjoy the nature. Almost nothing relaxes me more than taking a walk in the forest where people won't bother me. This is when I feel like I'm at home.

I love the chance of getting some fresh air. I love looking at the trees and all those different plants. I love listening to all the soothing sounds that the forest has to offer. I love it when I'm in the nature and can feel that I'm part of something bigger.

If I manage to see some birds, I'm happy. If I see some bunnies or squirrels, even better. If I manage to see a fox or a deer, I couldn't be more grateful. Even if I don't get to see any wild animals, I'm still feeling great.

Spending time in the nature gives me perspective about things in life. It confirms my thoughts and beliefs that I'm not supposed to spend all my time with others. It's not really needed and won't do much good for me - or anyone.

As a writer, I think the most important thing is to be able to connect with yourself. If you can't connect with your inner self, you can't really be an artist. It's something that we should keep in mind and shouldn't forget.

That is why it's important every once in a while to take a break and enjoy some time away from others. Spend an hour in the nature, get some fresh perspective about life. You might even get an idea or two sometimes. What could be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment