Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I get my news from The Young Turks.

One of the least controversial things that one can say about the mainstream media is that - as unfortunate as it is - you can't really trust them when it comes to reporting actual news.

This means that in order to be able to find out what's going on in the world, one has to look for other sources that provide information about things that matter - like politics and other important events.

Fortunately for a guy like me, there's the internet. I pay attention to a lot of sites, from left to right,  but an online show called 'The Young Turks' is the one that I've been watching the most.

There are a lot of reasons why I watch this show every day, but I guess its host Cenk Uygur is the main reason that I like The Young Turks as much as I do.

I mean, considering how full of propaganda the mainstream media is, Cenk (not owned by the corporations) is a breath of fresh air. He's not afraid to say what's on his mind.

For example, Cenk doesn't shy away from saying that it was CIA that killed John F. Kennedy. He's also not afraid of saying that most tv programs on network tv are terrible (his favorite comedy at the moment is Modern Family).

There are lots of other things too: like the obvious need to get money out of politics, which unfortunately has pretty much corrupted the political system.

Of course I don't agree with everything that he says, but most of the time I do. No wonder the show has been such a huge success. I think it's actually the most watched online news show in the world.

Anyway, here's a clip from the show about the fake Benghazi "scandal" that thanks to the republicans and Fox News just won't seem to go away. If only the mainstream media would have the same approach that Cenk has.

No comments:

Post a Comment