Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Celebrity Apprentice 2013 - and justice for all?

When I heard about the cast list for this year's Celebrity Apprentice, I thought it was a some kind of a internet joke and that they wouldn't make another series. Not with these contestants at least - and there's no way they would call it an 'all-stars' season.

Well, it turned out that this joke wasn't just a joke, they actually did a new series with these celebrities. What's worse, it really is supposed to be an 'all-stars' season.

I think it's pretty safe to say that most people who had seen Gary Busey, Dennis Rodman and Omarosa, didn't want to see them again. We already saw enough and what they did on the show wasn't something that you could be proud of. They shouldn't have been brought back.

I mean, Celebrity Apprentice is supposed to be about doing good things for people in need. It's supposed to be about the contestants gathering money for their personal charities, which is admirable. Yet for some reason the producers in charge of the show don't seem to think that is enough.

Why not? It should be enough. Everyone loves charities and a lot of people are interested in knowing a little bit more about famous people. This is such a winning concept and nevertheless the producers want to ruin it - by trying to provide additional 'entertainment value' through freaks like Omarosa and co.

This is not something that I want to see. I want to see a fair competition where everyone who's good enough has an actual chance of winning. I want to see an uplifting show that has to do with honor and dignity, and respect.

What I don't want to see are the train wrecks who get exemptions week after week even when they contribute close to nothing to their tasks. I hate seeing their stupid bickering when there's no reason for that.

I especially hate seeing contestants getting fired for no good reason at all. So this season I can't believe what I saw.  Bret Michaels was fired for no reason at all. It was like the dumbest thing I've ever seen on tv. "You won before - you shouldn't have come back - you're fired".

I can't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment