Monday, July 1, 2013

Do you trust your spider-sense?
















I have no idea why I watched The Amazing Spider-Man. I loved the first two movies - especially the second one - and didn't like the third much, because that one didn't really make much sense.

So anyway, there was no reason whatsoever for me to watch the reboot that premiered last year. I had a feeling that it was going to be a terrible movie. There was no 'artistic' reason to reboot the series, so I guess my spider-sense told me to stay away.

Nevertheless, since I had watched a lot of movies lately, I got curious or something and decided to watch it anyway. Unfortunately, that is, because this new reboot is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Absolutely everything about it stinks.

I can't help but to think that I shouldn't have watched the movie - because it was so depressing compared to the original first two movies. Instead, I should have trusted my instincts - that subconsciously had kept me from even thinking about the movie for so long. I mean, what were the writers thinking?

When it comes to writing, in so many ways it's about making those reads and trusting your instincts. Without having a spider-sense or whatever you want to call it, you can't be a great writer. There's just too much stuff out there anyway.

What I'm saying is that you need to have a feel for what's right and wrong, you need to 'know' what's good and bad and you need to have the ability to subconsciously guess what's probably true and what's probably false.

In my case, I can't get those two hours of my life back. But fortunately I can go to youtube and watch clips from the second Spiderman movie - that nine years ago made me feel really good about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment